Thursday, July 25, 2013

The Last Weekend of All Shook Up

Well, here we are...rapidly approaching our last weekend.  It seems like it's really flying by, which makes me sad.  Everyone, please look over your lines, your blocking, your choreography, your songs...come in this weekend and let's make this one the best yet!  I know it will be.  

From a Box Office stand point, let everyone know that Sunday is filling up, so if they plan to attend the Sunday performance, they need to go ahead and get their tickets now.  The rest of the weekend looks pretty open from what I understand.  Try to get people to come on either Friday or Saturday, if at all possible.  

We will take a cast picture before the show on Friday.  Please be there as early as possible and get into costumes and make-up ASAP.  With mic checks, warm ups and so on, we won't have a ton of time to do the cast photo, so every minute counts.  

As for Set Strike Night (a,k.a. closing night).  Remember, everyone needs to contribute some time to taking down the set, putting props away, putting costumes away, cleaning the backstage, auditorium and front of house areas to be sure it's ready for Smoke on the Mountain, which goes up VERY quickly after we close.  The more people we have working to get things put away, cleaned and straightened, the less time we have to spend.  Does anyone want to go eat afterwards?  Or ???  We can bring food and have a final cast party at the theatre if everyone wants to.  Just let me know. 

Does anyone have photos of the show or rehearsals or what not?  I'd like access to them, if possible.  I didn't take many pictures throughout the process of putting on ASU.  Beth is going to bring her camera in this weekend and I'll try to get some show photos this weekend.  One way or another, these will be posted so that you can all have them.  I'll also be sure the cast photo(s) is/are posted as well.  

Everyone, I really am very proud of you and I have enjoyed working with all of you.  I hope that we can all stay in touch and maybe work together again in the future.  This is truly a great show!  

See you all Friday by 7:00 pm.    

No comments:

Post a Comment